Arcane: Or how this tree needs to be completely reworked because it turns the game into a joke

The arcane arts of the wizards and mages.
Fredrik
Site Admin

Re: Arcane: Or how this tree needs to be completely reworked because it turns the game into a joke

Post by Fredrik » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:07 pm

I will make goblin go back to start pos if he is to far away.

Will do as you guys say on fligt. not that 100% acceleration.
And upgradble speed. maybe make it cost more.

Omnipotent

Re: Arcane: Or how this tree needs to be completely reworked because it turns the game into a joke

Post by Omnipotent » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 am

allnewbagels wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:
I really hope you're not using that swap trick to just exploit winning solo. xD
I used the swap trick to beat hard mode solo (i'm pretty sure round 3 is impossible solo) but rounds 1 and 2 I was soloing before I even started leveling arcane. They're really easy. My leveling method is just rounds 1 + 2 hard mode and then reset. Before that it was three repeats of Round 4 on normal and then make a new character to kill the goblin 3 times on Round 5 to reset to 4 without having to play Rounds 1-3.
PS: I had been using the Epic Frost Bane sword up until now, and every hard round was 100% impossible to do solo. No matter how good you are there are too many parry's and blocks for you to stop them. But once I upgraded to Rayne's sword I gained almost 20 accuracy and parry which allows me to pretty much 1-shot everything without any blocks or parry's. So the main reason you were able to solo hard mode is because you had the Rune Sword and you exploited. xD

Whether you know it or not, the rune sword is the reason you leveled that fast. Try Hard with normal weapons and you will get your face ripped off. You aren't meant to be able to solo the group quests, and for good reason. Solo mode will come at a later time.

allnewbagels

Post by allnewbagels » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:02 am

Omnipotent wrote:
allnewbagels wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:
I really hope you're not using that swap trick to just exploit winning solo. xD
I used the swap trick to beat hard mode solo (i'm pretty sure round 3 is impossible solo) but rounds 1 and 2 I was soloing before I even started leveling arcane. They're really easy. My leveling method is just rounds 1 + 2 hard mode and then reset. Before that it was three repeats of Round 4 on normal and then make a new character to kill the goblin 3 times on Round 5 to reset to 4 without having to play Rounds 1-3.
PS: I had been using the Epic Frost Bane sword up until now, and every hard round was 100% impossible to do solo. No matter how good you are there are too many parry's and blocks for you to stop them. But once I upgraded to Rayne's sword I gained almost 20 accuracy and parry which allows me to pretty much 1-shot everything without any blocks or parrys. So the only reason you were able to solo hard mode is because you had the Rune Sword several days before you should have and you exploited. xD

Whether you know it or not, the rune sword is the only reason you leveled that fast. Try Hard with normal weapons and you will get your face ripped off. You aren't meant to be able to solo the group quests, and for good reason. Solo mode will come at a later time.
I actually haven't been using the Rune sword at all. I think it kind of sucks. I was using the Windfury spear until it got patched and then I swapped to dual wielding Rhayne's swords which makes Round 2 a little harder but still easily soloable as long as you body block your Gobbo in the right places.

Edit: Rounds 4 is just as easy as 2. Rounds 3 and 5 might be doable with the right setup but I'm more concerned with EXP so I've just been using the +2 Int necro rings which make things a lot harder. I would need a lot of movement speed or good rolls on Shadow abilities to solo those but I'm pretty confident it can be done even without the Windfury spear. Round 6 is probably impossible because of the big guys but maybe if I just stacked accuracy it could be done.

The Mighty Tachikoma

Post by The Mighty Tachikoma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Those big guys with dual Rhayne's swords are a pain. Ate through 98 health on my cyclope in four hits.

Fredrik
Site Admin

Post by Fredrik » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Those big guys with dual Rhayne's swords are a pain. Ate through 98 health on my cyclope in four hits.
Lol so ai is running around with Rhayne's sword.. they shouldnt. Rhayne's sword should be removed in shop and gained somehow.

Runesword is going to be much better in next patch with its special ability

Omnipotent

Post by Omnipotent » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Fredrik wrote:
Lol so ai is running around with Rhayne's sword.. they shouldnt. Rhayne's sword should be removed in shop and gained somehow.

Runesword is going to be much better in next patch with its special ability
Yeah, they can even drop the Rhayne's sword too. And I know at least two people who have had it drop for them. We thought it was intentional but that makes sense. :P I have seen the strong blue imp-ish? guys carrying them.

The Mighty Tachikoma

Post by The Mighty Tachikoma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:58 pm

We suspect those blue guys are Earthion. IF they are, that makes me want it even more.

Daenath

Post by Daenath » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:15 am

The Mighty Tachikoma wrote:We suspect those blue guys are Earthion. IF they are, that makes me want it even more.
Agreed 100%